Monday, July 14, 2008

VBS at Olmsted Falls

Eva is at camp. Timothy is 14 and going into 9th grade in the fall so he is too old for most VBS. But this one is Emily's second. Although Olmsted Falls is not exactly next door, when I passed it I just got the feeling I should check it out. So I took Emily there for VBS.

I will say that it was an emotional time. The first person I came face to face with was Kim Fitz who was my mom's Hospice nurse. I could barely keep back the tears long enough to get the form filled out. For the most part I am at peace with my parent's death, but when something like this pops up unexpectedly I don't do so well.

That was not the end of it either. I went to Pacific Junction to check on Carolyn Carson who I used to work with ages ago at Jo Ann's. She and someone who I should know the name of because I worked with her at Reehorst opened a shop there. Mom and Dad also worked at Reehorst and the fist thing she asked was how my parent's were. So twice in a half hour I felt as if I had been hit in the stomach. I hope those experiences are done for today.

On the better side, I was able to talk to the minister there. He seems really nice (and to be honest is really cute). I also did a little snooping around the church and it definitely looks like a place that I want to take a Sunday morning to check out. They even have an Awana program there - but I am not sure how the kids would feel about leaving the one that they have been attending for 8 years. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

No comments: