Monday, August 18, 2008

Eat or Meds?

It is bad enough when I have to make that decision for myself. (I was forced to stop taking my meds about 6 months ago because we couldn't afford it) But I HATE to have to make that decision when it involves my kids. Timothy is ADD and has used meds through the school year. He didn't take them over the summer but now that school is starting back up, we need to start with them again.

Being that he has grown (alot) I had to take him back to the dr. to get a new RX. I also made a point to ask for a cheaper med. The $125 per month was really putting a strain on our budget. She gave me a new med and when I checked on the price of that one, it was $25 more per month. I was just about in tears. I called her and asked to give us the original RX back. I don't know how we are going to manage that but I guess we will try somehow. I know that he will only get them on school days - NONE on the weekends or holidays. Maybe that way it will last a little longer.

As my grandmother used to say, "It is no crime being poor, but it is a damn inconvenience"

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Kimberly - I am such a bad blogger I hadn't noticed that you had started one! Don't use mine as an example! :LOL

Sorry you have to pick between medicine and necessities. I have been there and done that. It cost me about $4,000 in medical bills in May! I shoulda just bought the medicine.

You don't do anything with inchies, I don't think. Just collect them.