Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blessed in order to Bless

Timing is everything. Last year Tom was offered a job which was out of the automotive industry. The problem with that was that he had driven a company demo for years and we only had one car. With 3 active kids and 2 jobs of my own sharing one care was not tops on our list of things to do. However, God is faithful. We did not have any money in savings and our credit was less than perfect. We did have a tax return and with that we were able to get a car for Tom to use for work.

Now a year later that job was not what we had hoped for. However, God is still faithful. He provided another job for Tom. He is back to selling cars. Which also means that he is back to driving demos.

We had a spare car now. We could have sold it. The new dealership offered that it could be put on the lot. We could have saved it for when the kids were old enough (and wanted to - which who knows how long that will be) to drive. In my heart however I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to give it to someone who needed it. The question is who? All I really cared about was that whoever got the car needed it - not just some teen to take joyriding.

In Sunday school the minister always starts out by asking what we would like prayer for. One of the other woman was praying for her old car to be able to be fixed again. It was then I knew that she was the one who needed the car. She will be picking it up this afternoon.

Now I have a confession to make. I LOVE the fact that we were able to help another person. I am on high just knowing that we were able to bless someone. It is one of the greatest feeling that I have had in a LONG time. I consider myself so blessed because I am able to be part of something that gives glory to God! But I also have to confess that it makes me feel wonderful too.

No comments: