Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Toy time!

It has been a long time since I bought any scrappy things besides tape. Let's be honest, I feel like I own most of it anyway. I have a tote of paper, a rolling tote of embellishments, a Revolution die cutting machine and dies for it. When you add those to stamps, inks, paints, and powders I have at least a little of everything.

I also have a Slice electronic die cutting machine that has proven NOT to be my wisest purchase. The first one had an issue. Fortunately something odd happened. It actually broke down while still under while it was still warrantied. I sent it in and it was replaced.

Now I have to say that I was VERY impressed with Making Memories customer service. My machine was replaced and when I got the new one it was filled with goodies too - stickers, rub ons etc.

I used that machine for about a year. Then the problems began. First it lost the capability to be used cordlessly - which was one of the reasons I got it. It was an inconvenience but at least I could still use it. Then slowly it began performing more and more poorly. When the second machine was about a year old, it stopped cutting altogether. Now it is out of its coverage and I would need to spend quite a bit to send it to Making Memories then pay for them to figure out why it is not working, then maybe more to fix it.

I have had enough. I sadly put away my machine and just accepted that I wasn't meant to have one. I missed it but learned to live without it.

Then just last week a friend of a friend posted on facebook that she is moving and wanted to get rid of her Cricut. So for less than I would have paid for a new Slice I have a slightly used, but perfectly functional Cricut and 3 cartridges. I have been playing making things all afternoon. It is a great feeling to have a machine again - now I just need to figure out how and where to store it.

No comments: