Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ace

In August Hope, our cat had to be put to sleep. That brought the number of cats down to 2. I was firm. We were not going to get another one any time soon. I love animals, but they are expensive to feed and care for. I didn't think it was fair to give one a home when I really can't afford to take care of it when (not if but when) it gets sick.

Then one very cold February night there was a meowing on the porch. I looked out and saw such a pretty face looking back asking to be taken in. I was still firm. The girls could go out and pet it. I even set up a basket with some blankets in it so she could keep warm. NO FEEDING and NO COMING IN! That was a Thursday night.

By Sunday she was still there. Even more important she had managed to work her way into Tom's heart. So we now have a new cat: Ace

No comments: