Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What were they thinking?

I have asked myself that many times about many things so now I am going to put some of these questions in one place:

Who ever came up with the idea of short sleeve sweaters (also in this category are thermal shorts, sleeveless hoodies and other clothing where the style and purpose are opposed)? If it is warm enough to want short sleeves, it is too warm for a sweater. If it is cool enough for a sweater, then I want long sleeves. Whoever thought that this was a good idea?

Why do they make women's shoes that have the top of a pump and the bottom of a tennis shoe? If I want the support of a tennis shoe, then this pump is not going to work. If I want to look dressy, I don't want to have a thick rubber sole on the bottom of my shoe. As far as I am concerned, it is the worst of both options.

I don't only wonder about fashion - what about technology?

Why and CD changers in the trunk of a car? If I want to change the disk, then I need to stop the car, unload the trunk and do it. Not my idea of efficient.

I have trouble with my computer or internet and I call someone to fix it. While I am on hold for hours on end, I hear the recording that if I need assistance I can check out their web site. If I could get to their web site, I wouldn't be sitting on hold listening to their annoying suggestions and insipid muzak.

Along the same lines are instructions for a step by step process that as soon as I do the firs step, I loose the instructions. How am I supposed to complete the steps when ever time I attempt one, I loose then all?

I know that there are so much more, but those were just at the front of my mind today. Maybe I will do some ranting again later.


1 comment:

Jill Oriente said...

This is hilarious! I love it!