Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Home at last!

After 18 months of searching and praying, we have finally found a new church home! There is something for everyone: Men's group, Women's Bible study, Kids club and Youth Bible study.

At long last we are home! It is amazing how good it feels. I didn't realize while we were looking what a drain it was to figure out every week where we were going to go to church (and it wasn't like I had any help - If I had not done the searching, I don't think we would be going to church). I had to decide if where we were going warranted another week. If it did, there was always someone who was not happy about it. If we didn't that meant hours of tedious hours on Google scrolling through poorly designed web sites and making phone calls to see if the information was accurate. I got to the point where I dreaded Sunday and the weekend because we had to go to another church. I think that all in all we visited 22 different churches over the last year and a half.

Now we are home though - and what a difference it makes. We meet the Lord and his people every week. I spend my week looking forward to Sunday rather than dreading it. Now Sunday morning is once a time of celebration and looking forward to spending time at a church that is HOME!

1 comment:

Tammy Folk said...

Glad you finally found a Church Home Kimberly....I know it's been a long time coming!