Monday, December 6, 2010

25 Things

25 Random Things

I saw this done on someone else's blog & thought it was a fun idea & so I've been putting together my list of 25 Random Things that you may or may not know about me.

1.motorcycles: I like motorcycles. I rode one once and it was a great feeling. I have never driven one but I love to be on the back of one. I have heard from the drivers that I am a good rider. I guess that it just comes naturally to me after decades of riding a bicycle.

2. Raggedy Ann: I got my first Raggedy Ann on my first Christmas. I slept with her most of my childhood and I still have a doll that sits on my dresser (although not the original one)

3. Cocoa only: That is the only hot beverage I like. Keep you coffee and tea. I will have cocoa or nothing.

4. Homeschooling: now that I am in my 12th year of homeschooling it seems hard to believe but when I first read about homeschooling I thought that it was one of the weirdest things that I had ever heard of.

5. Cats: Three is the perfect number of cats for me. I have 3 now - Hope, Blackstone, and Copperfield.

6. Puppets: Yes I have been a puppeteer since I was 16, It might sound like an interesting and different job but in reality it's not. It is very similar to teaching but you have a sock on your hand.

7. Bible: It is the inspired inerrant word of God and I read it regularly. I am planning to read it start to finish again in 2011

8. Husband: I met Tom when I was 16 and he was 21. He seemed so OLD! but cute. I met him at a party but had no idea how to see him again. I knew that he worked in the wine department at the grocery store. I wanted to go there and knock a bottle of wine off the shelf and see if I could see him again, but I never got up the nerve.

9. Breakfast: I hate most breakfast foods - cereal. pancakes, eggs etc. So most of the time breakfast for me is a baked apple or cheese and crackers

10. Bread: I love making bread, rolls and bagels, but the first time I tried it, I didn't know that yeast could die and the package I was using was dead. The bread never rose and it was so terrible that not even the dog would eat it.

11. Applesauce: I will only eat home made. Don't even think of giving me that stuff that you buy in the store. It is simply gross.

12. Vegetables: The green ones are all disgusting. There are a few that I will eat (broccoli, spinach, green beans and some lettuces) but the rest of them are simply gross. It is better off just to avoid them all.

13. Bubble Baths: one of my favorite ways to relax is in a nice warm tub with enough bubble bath to act as insulation and keep it that way for at least an hour.

14. Jellyfish: they are gross and disgusting and I would be very happy if I never saw another one again - not even a picture.

15. Candy: I have a nasty sweet tooth and I love candy. Chocolates are my favorite, but they tend to melt and get on my scrapbooking so my second choice is either skittles or gummy worms/bears.

16. Reading: I love to read just about anything. My favorite book is the Bible but I also like sci-fi/fantasy and adventure

17. Movies: If I am lucky I will get to see about one a year in the theater. I have some of my favorites at home and have seen them so many times that I can practically recite them. They include Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Hunt for Red October, Princess Bride, Independence Day, and the Three Musketeers.

18. Shoes: I do not understand the obsession with shoes. I own a pair of tennis shoes, a pair of dress flats, sandals for summer and dress boots for winter. That is it and that is enough.

19. Travel: I would love to travel to many places around the world including most of Europe, Israel, Jordan, Egypt and Australia. I would love to, but as far is reality is concerned, the only countries I have been in other than the U.S. are Canada and the Bahamas.

20. Employment: The last few years have been an exception. I have only had 2 - 3 paying jobs at a time. For most of my life I had at least 4 jobs. Those are in addition to being wife, mom, and teacher.

21. Letters: When I am angry or upset, I write very nasty letters. (The girl scout council is my target most of the time) My kids quiver at them and say that they would prefer to be grounded than to receive one of my letters. They say it scares them too much.

22. Technology: I am a Luddite. I am so bad with technology that it is almost funny. I do not text (I really don't see a point in it any way if you need to tell some one something, just call them - you have the phone) and I have no idea what to do with a pager. I have my computer set up the way I like it and even though it is not optimized, I won't let anyone "improve" it because I don't want to have to learn anything more about it.

23. Film: Yes, I use and love my film camera. I had a digi one and hated it. I know that there are some good digi cameras out there, but not in my price range. The cheap digis all have a shutter lag that I just can't seem to get used to so I mess up the pics. Never do that with film so I will stick with film

24. Role Playing: I really like it. Even wen to a con this summer. Very fun, but I just don 't have enough time to really pursue it. If given a chance though, I will reminiss about past campaigns and games. D&D is my favorite. I think I like 3.5 best but I have played them all from 2nd edition to the present.

25. Friends: I have more cyber friends than friends I see with any regularity.

No comments: